ToonDoo
This website was kind of difficult to navigate through. I
personally thought it had way too many options and I know students would take
way more time figuring all that out rather than typing out a story. Maybe if we
have students write out the comic first then go on there are mess with the site
it will be effective. I had a little trouble working with it because I couldn’t
figure out certain things like how to add text without a speaking or thought bubble.
It was okay after I figured it out but that took about an hour and as a teacher
we all know we just don’t have that time. I would use this for my GT, advanced
students, and upper grades.
Pixton
Pixton was a little bit easier. The only
thing I didn’t like was that you could only chose up to 3 characters. However,
I did like that you could add as many comic squares as you wanted to continue
the strip. I didn’t like that pending on the background that had talking
bubbles, but did like that there was room to narrate at the bottom and write
titles at the top. This will help students who seem to run out of space to
talk. I would use this for general level students and my low.
Make
Belief Comix
This was the easiest to learn how to use,
you can email it, save it, didn’t need a log in. I liked this one the most
because I felt it was user friendly for young children. I will definitely be
using this in my classroom this year. I believe this will help all my special
pops students, the ELLS, sped and other students who may be struggling with
writing.
Operation
Incorporation
Communication: I would use this to communicate with
students. Have them create a comic on the lesson for the week. If they didn’t understand
you can go over it again. Maybe others’ comics will help them.
Vocabulary:
Instead of having students write a sentence or draw a picture with the word, I
will have them create a comic strip to show me they understood what the word
meant.
Characteristics: Have
students create a comic to display a characteristic similar to the main
character of a story
Theme: Have
students create a comic to display a specific theme or moral of a story
Writing: have
students create narratives like a story board to help when creating narratives
Cartoons and Comics:
I would display all the comic strips so students can refer back to them and
make copies of the best ones for students who are struggling.


I absolutely LOVE your idea for displaying student made comics! Thank you for sharing that!
ReplyDeleteYour boards are so cute... I will be borrowing these ideas this year :-)!
ReplyDeleteYou listed some great ideas on Operation Incorporation. Awesome bored idea!
ReplyDeleteShowing student work on the board would also work in the library! You could also have teachers post comics there~
ReplyDelete