Twitter
Overall, these five twitter accounts were all geared towards the educator and how to help them become more of a digital educator. Many went beyond and involved pop culture into the lessons they provided. Resources such as websites, articles, videos, and books were also attached to some of the tweets as seen above. Most of the posts were technologically educational.
Kathy Schrock posts are mostly links to articles, blogs, or updates to her website. To be honest I wasn't very engaged, I like her website better.
Kathy Schrock posts are mostly links to articles, blogs, or updates to her website. To be honest I wasn't very engaged, I like her website better.
Linda Braun posts are geared all involving the youth and
how to benefit education or technology. She also posts quotes in text lingo from
certain articles that she feels are significant.
Buffy Hamilton posts are from her everyday life like the
Cavaliers, but also for teachers, students and librarian purposes. There are articles, book lists, grant
opportunities, collaboration and positive quotes.
The Daring Librarian posts are funny, about everyday life,
and reading. She also posts links to her blog and about books. She also talks
about digital citizenship providing QR codes for some lessons.
Jim Lerman posts are videos, technology products, posters,
and social media updates. It’s all about how to help the educator reflect and
encourage technology in the classroom. He’s very up to date with the latest pop
culture and education, encouraging lessons.
Facebook Pages
The Facebook pages contained pictures of student activities
done in the classroom, events going on campus, events from the public library,
updates from the library, pictures of students reading in the library, and
posts about books. Some even had coming soon books to get students excited. All
posts were from the library, has the hours, the address, the phone number, and
the website for the library. There are many advantages to this; students will
be encouraged to keep up with the library because most are always on social
media. Parents and the community will be able to stay in contact with the
library and know of events going on. Some disadvantages is that it may be hard
to keep updating the page as a librarian, with the workload at school. I also
noticed most of the libraries I came in contact with were middle school or high
school. Rarely any elementary, being an elementary librarian, it may not
benefit them as much due to some not have access.



Hi Latisha,
ReplyDeleteFirst off, you blog title is FANTASTIC! Shout out to Sir Mix-a-Lot!
In reading through your comments regarding maintaining a library Facebook page, I can totally identify with not knowing how the management and maintenance of posts can be shouldered by a sole professional. It might be worth the effort of asking to partner with the campus' technology specialist to ask him/her to photograph events and post to the page when the librarian is called upon to be a human octopus. You can fill in the gaps when time (I know, what's that?...) permits.
- Mrs. Johtell B. Johnson
There has been an issue in the past as well where you can't get to FB on campus, so if you want to update you either have to get permission/help from IT and/or administration. It's all still in process, I think~
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your blog. After reading our district's Acceptable Use Policy, I'm not sure whether or not having a Facebook page would be allowable. That would be an additional concern with Facebook as well. By the way, I like your blog title too! Cute!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed Buffy Hamilton's posts and the one you've chosen to share resonates perfectly with the everyday struggle of teaching. It would be difficult to keep the Facebook page updated with all things happening in the library and I agree that elementary campuses may not benefit from the pages as much.
ReplyDelete