Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Screencasts, Instagram, & Vine Rock my Socks!

Screencast

So, I tried using Jing and had difficulty, it took forever to download and my computer would record right. I quit that. Adobe Spark, since I am using a school computer it wouldn’t allow me to download that. I like and fell in love with Screen-O-Matic! Now the reason it rocked my socks is because I can download it onto my computer for future purposes. I can record lessons through power point and have my students answer questions in between. I can have my students listen to a story and ask questions in between. The possibilities in the classroom are endless. I already created a screencast for something new I am going to implement which is a blog. I learned about it in my classes and how it helps with articulate learning. I’m all about making connections, plus it’s a way parents can learn too. Send it through the email, put on my blog, so it’s viewable forever. My favorite screen-o-matic and I already shared it with my co-workers who want me to teach them how to use it.



 Instagram & Vine
Instagram and Vine, I honestly had never thought of using it in the classroom, but after this assignment I kind of had to restrain myself to only 2 for each because I had so many ideas flowing through my head! I can’t wait to use this in the classroom. The only problem I foresee is because my students are in elementary I have to be careful with the way it is used. Maybe make a contract with the parents and explain what we will be using it for with them having access as well. These are some ways I want to use both…

Inferencing:  students post “crime scenes” students have to guess who stole what?
Theme: place certain items with a book cover and students have to figure out the theme
Famous Author Friday: Place a famous author every Friday
Quotes: any book quotes
Book vs. Movie: which they think is better and why
Favorite Reading Place/Buddy
Book Review: whether they like the book or not with # to recommend or not and how many stars they give the book  
New additions to the library
Advertise books
Vocabulary: students have to use context clues to determine vocab word
Book Review: whether they like the book or not
Reader of the Month
Writer of the Month
Millionaire Readers

By the way I shared my Instagram and Vine posts on my tumblr so they can be viewed through the computer. 

Instagram

Vine

New Additions

Vocabulary

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who got fussy with Jing. I was able to use it but was more let down with it than anything. It really does have the potential to be great. But in the world of education the only thing we have time for anything with potential is the students. I'm all about technology and giving things a chance, but they need to work. I know we have to tinker with things and give feed back to developers, but man, there just isn't enough time. Things have to work for us and they have to work right then and there sometimes. But that's just my two dollars (inflation).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latisha,
    I loved your Vine with the books. This will be a great tool to use in the library to promote reading books. It took me a while to figure out Jing also, I liked Screencast-o-matic a lot better. You did a great job with your screencast and showing how to create a blog. Great post and thanks for sharing good ideas.
    Buffie Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some great ideas here! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Vine videos and Instagram pictures look great. I would also like to use Vine to introduce new books.

    ReplyDelete