6. Literary
Elements
Knowing what makes a story better
or complete is very important in choosing a great book. Also the devices that
affect the text in ways that make stories concrete or abstract. All of these
make the difference between a good book and a great book. You must know them
all well in order to be able to be an effective librarian.
7. Awards & Titles
It is important to know about awards because many of the awards are the
great reads for kids. Also they help you find some of the best books for
specific needs such as the Belpre Award for Latinos. Lists are important to
know about because many of them are made by the readers those lists are
intended for.
8. Poetry
Poetry is a format that I find
difficult to relate too because of the fact that I don’t use these criteria to
find a poem for myself. I need to be able to take these into consideration when
evaluating poems for children and young adults. Poem can cover some serious
subject and really help with the development of adolescence.
9. Historical Fiction
This
sub-genre can be difficult to fit into many children’s reading lists. Many
children don’t view historical fiction as interesting because they feel it will
only be informational. I feel that knowing these criteria and making criteria
for children to be able to look for. Also making them knowledgeable about
historical fiction would also help.
No comments:
Post a Comment