Why do we share literature with
children?
For children to be successful in life,
they must be able to read. Reading is involved in everything we do.
Understanding why literature is so important to share with kids is vital for us
to be able to share with colleagues, parents and the community. In fact I would
love to make this a poster or flyer and give it out in my library.
Divisions of
Young People’s Literature
Learning about the young and new adult was
new to me, I had no idea they did that and to know how it came about. Also
learning the difference between middle grade and middle school was great to
know because I know many people including me who make that mistake of clumping
them together.
Genres and Formats
Knowing
the difference between formats and genres are big because as librarians we need
to be correcting these mistakes. Even as a reading teacher I was teaching my
students that drama and poetry were genres. I won’t make that mistake again.
It’s also important when making the decision on how to set up and shelf my
books for many do it based on genres and categories.
What is Young Adult Literature?
In order to be an effective librarian, you must know the
latest and have an understanding of all types of literature. Understanding what
makes a piece of literature to be considered young adult is important for us.
Development of Adolescence
Knowing the development of an adolescent will
definitely benefit me as a librarian in preparing for the many changes to come.
As everyone knows, life is tough and trying to get children to read on top of
all the things going on in their lives. What we may think as something little
can mean something huge for a child/teen. Becoming more sensitive and
knowledgeable about dealing with them
and how they are growing into young adults will definitely help in finding a
book.
No comments:
Post a Comment